Prevention is better than cure, so we run internal accredited two-day Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training courses, developed by MHFA England.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Your line managers are the perfect candidates to become mental health first aiders, as someone who your staff/colleagues feel comfortable with when experiencing a mental health issue.
Once qualified, you should have the practical skills to recognise the signs and symptoms of mental health problems earlier on and help address them.
WHAT WILL BE TAUGHT?
- Why Mental Health First Aid?
- What is depression?
- What is mental health?
- Impact of mental health issues
- Stigma and discrimination
- The Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Symptoms of depression
- Risk factors for depression
- Depression in the workplace
- Suicide figures
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- First aid to assist a suicidal crisis
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- First aid for depression
- Treatment and resources for depression
- What is an anxiety disorder?
- First aid for anxiety disorders
- Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
- Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
- Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders
- Cognitive distortions and cognitive behavioural therapy
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
- What is psychosis?
- Risk factors for psychosis
- Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
- Treatment and resources for psychosis
- Bipolar disorder
- Warning signs of developing psychosis
- Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
- Recovery and building resources
- Action planning for using MHFA